“DELIVERY will take 6 – 12 months.” This is the response industry has become accustomed to since the onset of the pandemic, which brought with it global shortages, transportation and customs issues, and general apathy.
Varispeed, not content with this as a response to its customers, has spent the last 24 months in active pursuit of a solution. Enter the company’s new and improved Alpha Drive range, renowned for offering an exceptional cost to benefit ratio and featuring a medium voltage solution alongside the low voltage. With an enviable delivery rate of – on average – less than one month, the Alpha Drive range is fast becoming the most popular variable speed drive solution for electronic motor control in most industries.
Like all Varispeed drives (from leading global brands such as Yaskawa, Magnetek, and Solcon-IGEL), the Alpha range leads to significant improvements in energy efficiency, equipment performance, and overall operational cost-effectiveness, particularly in the HVAC space, but also in the mining, marine, oil & gas, water & wastewater and agricultural industries.
In addition, similar to Varispeed’s Yaskawa drives, they feature an application macro for easy setup (for example, fan, pump, compressor, and fire modes). Yaskawa offers free-to-download desktop and mobile app connectivity and the ability to configure drives without external power.
All of Varispeed’s best-in-class products and solutions are supported by industry-leading warranties and superior levels of expert service.
VSDs have numerous benefits and are considered crucial in a South African context where loadshedding and power outages place additional production challenges on businesses:
- Energy savings: Adjust motor speed to match the required load, reducing consumption. Particularly helpful when power supply is limited.
- Extended equipment lifespan: Enable smooth motor starts, reducing stress on equipment during acceleration and deceleration.
- Precise process control: Provide fine control over motor speed, allowing for precise adjustments to required output or demand.
- Soft starting and stopping: Gradually ramp up or down motor speed, reducing disturbances on the power supply and avoiding sudden spikes when power resumes after loadshedding.
- Priority control: This can be programmed to prioritise essential processes or equipment.
- Load balancing: In settings with multiple motors and processes, VSDs help with load balancing during power limitations.
- Voltage and frequency regulation.
- Reduced downtime and production losses.
Varispeed has been a leader in electronic motor control solutions for over 35 years, so much so that for many years any VSD was colloquially referred to as a ‘varispeed’. Their expert teams work together with clients to conceive of the best possible solutions for their particular environment, aimed at reducing downtime, increasing efficiencies and controlling costs. Ever customer-centric, Varispeed works alongside a portfolio of electrical brands such as Powermite and Three-D to offer a 360-degree solution to its clients.
Please get in touch to discuss your unique requirements:
JHB: +27 11 312 5252 firstname.lastname@example.org
KZN: +27 31 701 8760 email@example.com
CPT: +27 21 948 6100 firstname.lastname@example.org