ALL sized organisations across all industries are looking to be more cost-effective and modernise their IT journeys through subscription offerings that deliver a cloud-like experience with flexible terms and usage-based consumption models. Many of our customers seek IT solutions that combine ease of use with the ability to respond dynamically to changing workload requirements. There is also a concerted effort to reduce risk by empowering IT teams with greater levels of control over the infrastructure that houses mission-critical data and applications, says general manager, Dell Technologies South Africa, Doug Woolley.
A recent Enterprise Strategy Group survey reveals that 54% of organisations would prefer a consumption-based model in which they purchase their data centre infrastructure on a pay-per-use basis. Furthermore, IDC predicts that by 2026, 65% of tech buyers will prioritise as-a-service consumption models for infrastructure purchases to help restrain IT spending growth and fill ITOps talent gaps. In other words, IT teams are seeking higher levels of simplicity, agility and control, and the adoption of as-a-service consumption and cloud operating models will continue to grow at a rapid pace.
In response to this shift in the IT landscape, Dell Technologies has been focused on enhancing the Dell APEX portfolio of storage, compute/hyper-converged infrastructure and data protection solutions. Each of these solutions is based on enterprise-class infrastructure from Dell Technologies, and they empower our customers with the tools that enable faster development of modern applications and more efficient allocation of compute, storage and data protection resources, says Woolley.
Expanded global reach
He said that to better meet the rapidly changing requirements of its customers, the company has also made the following enhancements:
- Dell APEX Data Storage Services Backup Target offers flexible and transparent backup storage options with industry-leading data integrity protection and a pay-per-use model. It seamlessly integrates into an IT ecosystem and supports a preferred backup software for easy adoption and management.
- Dell APEX Private Cloud and Dell APEX Hybrid Cloud for VMware now offer additional compute configuration options, including three optional GPU choices and three CPU performance tiers, to help customers effectively support growing complex workloads.
New service levels
- Dell APEX Data Storage Services File now includes a new performance tier offering high performance and high density for medium to large-scale deployments that provides additional flexibility and choice to meet changes in workload requirements.
- Customers can begin their journey to a ‘Cloud by Design’ on Dell APEX Private Cloud and Dell APEX Hybrid Cloud for VMware, with five professional services available to select through the Dell APEX Console, including initiating partner-led deployment.
- All three offers now have contract terms that have expanded to include one, two, three, four and five-year subscription options.
These enhancements reflect Dell’s commitment to providing flexible, transparent and tailored solutions that can help customers meet evolving workload requirements. It’s all part of a rich catalogue of outcome-based offers that can be quickly configured using the centralised platform, the Dell APEX Console. The Dell APEX portfolio includes multiple pre-defined options aligned with typical business outcomes, available with subscription terms ranging from one year to five years.
These new enhancements will help businesses manage their workloads and applications more efficiently, providing the flexibility and scalability needed to keep up with the rapidly changing digital landscape. Dell’s commitment to providing innovative solutions to meet the needs of businesses continues with its expanding Dell APEX portfolio, which is designed to help our customers succeed by providing the tools and services needed to manage new challenges with speed and efficiency.