AUTODESK, the multinational developer of software products and services for architecture, engineering, construction and other sectors, has announced the 2022 release of its Civil 3D and InfraWorks software.
Distributed across Southern Africa by WorldsView, the new software capabilities and enhancements enable users to achieve more complex designs, without compromising on accuracy.
Civil 3D now includes the following improved features:
- Grading Optimisation (which facilitates smooth grading of various land areas and round structures by means of optimisation algorithms) now accommodates user-imposed constraints, such as grading and drainage elements. It also enables real-time problem-solving as the user can stop and change designs during the optimisation process.
- Users can now extract design data and export it to custom reports or AutoCAD tables, thanks to the enhanced Project Explorer user interface. Additionally, it now supports local languages, making it more widely accessible.
- Connected alignment functionality now offers an expanded range of geometric options including multi-arc curves or spirals. This allows users to design more complex road interchanges, with greater ease, for example.
- Enhancements to pressure networks allow for the colour and diameter of the compass to be specified when laying out a path-based pressure network. Additionally, pressure network spanning labels can be easily created and points of vertical intersection (PVIs) can be removed from overridden station ranges for a cleaner design.
Complementing the Civil 3D improvements, the 2022 release of InfraWorks now features the following enhancements:
- An enhanced road decoration tool, complemented by a large library of decorations. These allow users to create more realistic landscape environments when designing models, generating stronger design visuals for stakeholders.
- Bridge girder modelling capabilities have been expanded, allowing for more complex parametric 3D bridge girders to be modelled. This allows users to create models that reflect requirements and limits of disturbance (LOD) more easily and quickly than before.
Chelsey Turner, Infrastructure Marketing Manager, WorldsView said the two software packages work well together, as Civil 3D facilitates infrastructure design and documentation, while InfraWorks aggregates data, evaluates design concepts visually and communicates design intent.
“The 2022 software enhancements will give designers, engineers and contractors the tools to build better quality infrastructure, with greater ease. The accuracy and control that are afforded by the Autodesk suite, set it apart,” said Turner.